LOAN PROGRAMS – Texas Veterans Land Board Home Loans
Contact us today to get started with your Texas Veterans Land Board Home Loan Today!
- Exclusively for eligible Texas veterans
- Up to $417,000 for home purchase
- Fixed rate loans of 15, 20, 25 or 30 years
- Home must be primary residence
- Home must be in Texas
- New homes must be ENERGY STAR® certified
- Subject to credit approval
In 1983, the Legislature created the VLB Veterans Housing Assistance Program to assist Texas veterans in purchasing a home. Through this program, eligible Texas veterans have an opportunity to purchase a home with an unbeatable, low-interest loan with little or no money down.
The Texas Veteran Land Board VLB can make a Home Loan for most types of homes.
A VLB Home Loan may be used to purchase a home that meets these requirements:
- Must be the veteran’s primary residence
- Must be located in Texas
- Must be a single family attached or detached home, townhome, condominium or planned unit development.
- Duplexes or other multi-family units must have been constructed at least five years before to the closing date of the loan.
- Manufactured / modular homes may be eligible. Contact the VLB to confirm.
- All new construction homes must meet the Environmental Protection
- Agency’s (EPA) guidelines for ENERGY STAR® qualified homes, and must be ENERGY STAR® labeled and certified.
The veteran must occupy the home within 60 days after the closing of the loan, and the home must remain the veteran’s primary residence for at least three years.